Frequently Asked Question
Please follow these steps if you are having trouble connecting to the Internet.
NOTE: SOME BUILDINGS WILL NOT HAVE AN ONT. IN THAT CASE, IGNORE STEPS BELOW THAT REFER TO THE ONT. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ONT, YOUR ROUTER WILL PLUG DIRECTLY INTO THE WALL RJ45 JACK.
- Ensure that the ONT (black or white box mounted on the wall with power cable attached) and the WIFI router are plugged into a working power outlet. Ensure that you see lights on the ONT and on the top of the router.
- Ensure that you are actually connected or trying to connect to the correct WIFI network, which is located on the bottom of your router.
- If you have another device, please check if it is able to connect to the Internet. If it is, then the problem is most likely with your device and not a problem with your Internet connection.
- Make sure that the ONT is plugged into a working power outlet and that the power light is illuminated. If you just plugged the ONT into a power outlet, it will take several minutes for these lights to illuminate. If these are not illuminated or are illuminated in any color other then white or green after 3 minutes, please open a support ticket.
- If none of the previous steps identified and corrected your issue, you will need to power cycle the router. To power cycle the router, simply unplug the router from the power outlet, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait 2 minutes for it to boot up, and try connecting again.
It is very rare for the FastStream network to be slow. Nearly all instances of “slow” connections are related to older devices that are using outdated technology.
If you are still having issues, please open a trouble ticket by clicking "Open a New Ticket", which is at the top of this screen.
Warm Regards and Speed Up!
FastStream Networks Support Team